07 April 2006

"Foreign types with the hookah pipes say..."

Way-oh way-oh, my M. is in Cai-ro. For the weekend, meeting his mum who's holidaying there.

So while he's away, I thought I'd share this email he sent me recently:


"Subject: Blogs - My Roseanne Crush Realised!
Hey, this new-fangled blog thingy that all you youngsters are into is good - I was just exploring blogspot that you're now part of and found a blog for my No. 2 teenage crush - Lecy Goranson - the first Becky from Roseanne. She's now an attractive 31 year old living as a middling actor in Brooklyn. You can see it here: http://aliciagoranson.blogspot.com. She could be your sister. Which is maybe why I liked her - my type! Or maybe that's why I liked you when we met?!"


He was very excited. As are a lot of people, judging by the comments she gets on her blog. We look nothing alike, by the way.

Speaking of Brooklyn, we're off to NYC over Easter. Look us up at the Hudson if you're around and want to borrow our room key to blag your way onto (into?) the rooftop bar (sorry, the "Sky Terrace").

PS. A surprise-prize to the first person who guesses M's No. 1 teenage crush! The title of this post is a clue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's wrong - Susannah is NOT my No.1 teenage crush! Though she stayed on the charts until that dreadful 2002 comeback album, now I have lost all respect.