05 June 2006

I miss John Peel John Peel a great deal, once or twice a week of late. Guess I could use some distracting. Late Junction is ok, especially for drifting between sleep and whatever I'm reading, but those regular re-appearances of Tom Waits and new age-y soundtrack stuff from Peter Gabriel: it's hardly stuff you haven't heard before, or want to be hearing more than once.

A breezy warmish day here in Brighton, and outside yellow-pink blossoms and red and white England football flags are blowing about in the breeze, and flies are breezing in and out of the house, with Piper whirling around after them.

It's been just over 9 months since the hurricane hit the Gulf coast of the US, obliterating a lot of people and things and places from my childhood memories and my adulthood fantasies about the future, and now it's hurricane season again. Nine months is both a long and short time to live with something that's mostly in my in mind as memory and fantasy but, through my own persistent planning and "research" since then, feels as heartbreakingly real as if it were a living breathing dying daily presence.

No comments: