30 June 2006

World Cup Fever Breaking

M and I have exhausted our collective barracking possibities for this World Cup, save our adpoted home of England. Ok, so the US exhausted its own possibilities for victory while Australia was heartbreakingly robbed. So gooooooo England.

Really, I'm trying to muster enthusiasm, but I've still got an image of the mass of little urinating willies of the red-shirted drunks who spilled out of the pubs and into the sqaure below our house after the England game a couple of weeks ago. Their fervent bleating of "World in Motion" (my fave World Cup song, actually) meant more urine landed on their trousers than on the shrubs, and also that the New Order kick I'd been on was effectively ended. But yeah, I'll be in front of the telly come 1600 tomorrow.

No comments: